What a joy it has been to have your children back in our building and to see many of you during our drop-off and pick-up times! This year has felt particularly sweet with the extended time we have been away from the school due to the complexity of last spring. Seeing the smile on all these faces is one of the best parts of being a school community.
This morning was also another eagerly anticipated milestone, as we were able to praise God all together in the gym for chapel. We recognized that it had been 18 months since the last time we were able to be together in one space. There was definitely excitement in the air, as we praised God for His blessings, read His word, and prayed for God to watch over us throughout the new school year.
We also discussed lessons that we can learn from our theme verse this school year, which comes from Psalm 25:8-10, “Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right and teaches the humble his way. All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.”
Here are the 5 things we hope our students and community will remember this year:
1. The Lord is good! Despite the challenges we may face, His goodness does not change.
2. He teaches us the way. As the best teacher of all, He points us in the right direction every time.
3. Humility is the key. We need to take a posture of humility with others and God, in order to truly learn and grow.
4. The Lord’s paths = Love & faithfulness. God’s plans for us are always the best. They are filled with His constant love and He remains faithful despite our tendency to wander off the right path.
5. Seal the deal. He has made a covenant (or deal) with us. His promises and all His goodness is available to us, but we must keep our promise to love and follow Him.
I pray this is a challenge and encouragement to you as well, as we work on this together as a community in the years to come.
J-D Lussier, Principal
Click here for today’s Chapel